300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
The 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training continues from the 200-Hour Training to complete the 500-hour Yoga Alliance certification. The 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is more demanding than the 200-hour Teacher Training. In this training you are expected to teach yoga on a regular basis and have a regular home practice in asana, pranyama, and meditation. It will lay the foundation for a lifetime of yoga to be more skillful, effective, and efficient in your teaching and will allow you to authentically integrate the philosophy into your daily life.
During the course of the program we will explore texts such as the Upanishads, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Light on Pranayama, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Bhagavata Purana, and more. (Prior to the training you will be expected to have read the 1st and 2nd chapters of the Sutras) The program will prepare you to teach with confidence and ease at an intermediate level. You will gain the skills and tools to address people with more specific needs as they show up to your class. You will receive ongoing support and guidance to help with your teaching, home practice, and the many changes that take place when one undergoes a deep study such as this.
There are 5 modules of study in the advanced yoga teacher training:
- Sequencing and Linking
- Asana and Teaching
- Anatomy (3 hours per weekend in Modules 2 – 5)
This training meets one weekend every month. Each module takes 3 weekends to complete. (14 hours per weekend). Anatomy will be taught within the second, third, fourth and fifth modules. There will be no anatomy in the first module. The Advanced Teacher Training is a continuous and consecutive program. Students may start the program on any module. The 5th Module for the current program will be starting in March of 2017 in Albany, NY. The following module, Philosophy will be at Karuna as will the proceeding modules.
This training is recommended for teachers and advanced students who wish to:
- Learn more advanced asana and techniques
- Refine the art of sequencing and linking
- Practice and gain skills to safely teach Pranayama
- Take your understanding of yogic philosophy to a deeper level
- Focus on Yoga Therapeutics—treatment strategies and therapeutic applications for a variety of needs and conditions
- Safely and confidently address the needs of students of varying age, body type, and skill level
- Gain a functional and experiential understanding of anatomical structures as they relate to Hatha Yoga